Monday, April 11, 2016

Engineering Blog Disclaimer

I need to make sure that every so often I write a disclaimer about the contents of this blog. I am a registered/licensed Professional Engineer in Colorado and several other states (Colorado is my primary state). According to the laws in Colorado (the other states are virtually identical): "Registrants shall at all times recognize that their primary obligation is to protect the safety, health, property, and welfare of the public."

In order to fulfill this obligation, I spend a lot of time performing analysis, simulations, design reviews, etc. for each particular project on which I am working. I am selective on which projects I will assume "Responsible Charge" and subsequently the engineering responsibility. Nothing in this blog should be construed as engineering advice in terms of specific projects or designs. The topics I write about will give general or background information only. Due to space limitations and the goal of a blog, the concepts are necessarily simplified, generalized, and not complete. Because of the general nature of the information, it cannot be blindly used as a design basis or a "how to" manual. For a complete view, consult one of the myriad of textbooks on the subjects I write about or take classes at your local university or college.

Unless it is specifically stated otherwise, I am not in "Responsible Charge" for any project or design that may use the information I have presented as a basis for the design. Anyone reading this blog should use the information I present as a beginning point for their own investigation into a subject matter. If you do want my professional help on a particular project and you want to hire me, please visit my webpage at kdrobinsonpe.com and contact me.


No comments:

Post a Comment